look at these things
they’re like tiny
but instead of breathing fire they squeak and cuddle
and they have funny ears and noses
I mean really
bats are amazing
That last bat is very fabulous.
Stellaluna was one of my favorite books as a kid
Just watched the first episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and I am laughing so hard I’m crying
yo but mermaid monster hybrids though
- vampire mermaids who prey on their own kind — when they get bitten, their scales fall off, their tails turn a slick and fleshy grey, a dorsal fin begins to sprout from their spine, and suddenly there’s six rows of teeth where once there was only one
- mermaid medusas who’ve got eels for hair and it’s not their gaze that can turn you to stone but their song
- fairy mermaids who’re born of spite and mischief — they’re small, the size of seahorses, and they speed through the currents causing mayhem and sometimes destruction
- were-mermaids who turn into huge, hulking great whites when the full moon filters through the deep waters, who cannot be restrained because what shackles can you find in the deep?, who leave blood and guts in their wake
Let’s go deeper
- Mermaid dryads tied to a whole kept forest, fins and hair perfectly camouflaged with their natural habitat. They drift serenely through their gardens until it is threatened, when the whole kelp forest turns on the attacker and drags it down to its death.
- Elementally aligned mermaids - air-aligned mermaids leap joyously from the water and glide on tough fins, punching through the surface of the water like tiny spears of silver-blue. Fire-aligned mermaids drawn to deep volcanic vents, blind and sickly-white with teeth that fit together like a sieve.
- Kraken mermaids.
Nancy Wake, who has died in London just before her 99th birthday, was a New Zealander brought up in Australia. She became a nurse, a journalist who interviewed Adolf Hitler, a wealthy French socialite, a British agent and a French resistance leader. She led 7,000 guerrilla fighters in battles against the Nazis in the northern Auvergne, just before the D-Day landings in 1944. On one occasion, she strangled an SS sentry with her bare hands. On another, she cycled 500 miles to replace lost codes. In June 1944, she led her fighters in an attack on the Gestapo headquarters at Montlucon in central France.
Ms Wake was furious the TV series [later made about her life] suggested she had had a love affair with one of her fellow fighters. She was too busy killing Nazis for amorous entanglements, she said.
Nancy recalled later in life that her parachute had snagged in a tree. The French resistance fighter who freed her said he wished all trees bore “such beautiful fruit.” Nancy retorted: “Don’t give me that French shit.”
"strangled an SS sentry with her bare hands"
"too busy killing Nazis for amorous entanglements"
"don’t give me that French shit."
The Avengers as a Western
Steve is the Sheriff. Clint is his deputy. Tony is the Blacksmith. Natasha runs the Saloon. Bruce is the physician with a split personality and Thor gets into a hell of a lot of tavern brawls.
Together, however, they manage to bring order to the once corrupt town of Triskelion.
Remember The Avengers as a 70s Cop Drama? A Western might be cooler.
Wolverine as the rancher who is a retired gunslinger.
By the time I get home I am absolutely done with interacting with other people but my roommates are inevitably home and cooking or watching tv or otherwise making noise.